Sunday, November 25, 2012

Time Change in Utah!


Welcome to Utah...Where we are now an hour behind.      11-5-12

Daylight saving??? WHAAAAT in the world is this? ... Our times switched this week and I am alll messed up now. I have no idea what time it actually is and I have been having panic attacks at night because I think I am going to miss my appointments in the morning. Soooo confused! hahaha

Sister Anderson and I had another great week. We are meeting a lot of new people and trying to strengthen the ones we have.  She is an awesome missionary and has been teaching me a lot of things to be a better/stronger missionary. She is very bold and isn’t afraid of people. I am learning how to be bolder and be more confident in not being afraid of sharing. I don’t know what it is... but the moment I received a nametag... I don’t seem to share like I use to. There is always room for improvement...right? :)

About the apt.. it is a single apt ...just Sister Anderson lives with me but we have a row of apts all together and each companion lives in a separate apartment. We are spoiled!!

Halloween this year for me was interesting! haha sounds like everyone there had a blast!! :)  We were able to attend several Trunker Treats with our investigators and help them get integrated into the social world of the church. It was fun to see them have a good time with people their age and also people with good morals. Most of the people we are teaching right now are kids. On actual Halloween we had to be indoors by 5pm and couldn’t go out for the night. It was weird to be inside at 6 ...we weren’t sure what to do with ourselves. We did a lot of paperwork to catch up on our books and such. Then since we are in a strip of apts. we went down to our VC directors apt and "rode" on our broom and Swiffer :) haha it was sooo funny! We hung out there for a bit and all the Senior Elders told us "scary" stories and entertained us till 9 when we had to head back home and plan for the next day. I enjoyed riding my Swiffer :) hahaha

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

So this week woo man how do I explain this week.... Well we started teaching our two new investigators :) That was fun! They are 10 and 15. Not siblings.

The 10 year old... Both of his parents are les-active in the church and decided not teach their kids anything. We went over and started to talk about God and he didn’t even know who He was. It’s pretty scary! This has been happening with almost ever single one of our investigators.

So in total we now are teaching 5 young kids who have never been taught anything :( It stresses me out. I don’t understand.

Teaching all these kids has really made me think about my life and how I am going to raise my kids/family. There is a particular family we are teaching... I have really grown to love the family. So this couple married and adopted two kids. Both parents are members and the dad served a mission in Japan. When they got their two boys... the mom decided since the dad was an RM she was going to leave it all up to him to teach the kids about the gospel since he was an RM.... well 14 years later the boys know nothing about God or life in general. They are all about the world and what is good for themselves and nobody else. The mom is now looking back and realizing how big of mistake she made. She now invites us over almost every day to try and teach her boys and get them to understand God. ...Its super sad.

I look at this family and I see how important my job really is as a mom. It’s not all up to my husband to teach my kids. It has to be equal! Both of us have to be willing to pitch in to teach and protect our kids. I know I know I am sounding crazy right now especially because MORIAH LARSEN never talks about marriage and KIDS :0 hahahah but really these past 3 weeks...that’s all I can think about. I think the Lord wanted me to see these family’s for a reason. I think I am starting to understand God’s plan for me more and more each day. I am realizing what an impact I can have in this world and how the things I have learned in life can truly help others. I wish everyone could see that they have the light of Christ in them. I heard a quote once... "Just because you gave someone else part of your light, doesn’t mean it becomes dimmer... It means the world just got a little bit brighter with one more light becoming brighter" ... This world needs more lights to shine bright.

Everyone in UT has been talking about elections and it’s amazing how much one person can change the thoughts and actions of others. I haven’t really paid any attention to the speeches or anything so I don’t think I could even vote properly this year...but I hope that no matter what happens this week... our lives change for the better. I pray that soon people can start to see God more and appreciate what they have.

Sorry I think I am rambling now and I am not sure how much you want to share this with others... This week has just been a whirlwind of learning and thoughts.

Mom and dad.... I am ever so grateful for the time you put into us kids growing up, I am grateful for the love you have expressed each day, I am grateful for the opportunity you gave me to learn about God and His Son Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the life I have.

Family I love you all. I hope you have the best week of your life!

 Mom, I love you.... like I love cold weather :)

It does get pretty chilly here....or maybe I just have become weak against the cold. If you want to throw in a jacket of mine that would be cool too. Don’t feel like you have to send me packages though :)

Tell everyone around you how much you love them.... Jesus Christ didn’t just ask us to love our family... he said to love everyone. Think about that the next time you talk to someone :)
Sister Larsen


 

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment