Friday, July 27, 2012

Part of an email sent 7-27-12


sooooo this week has been suuuuch an amazing week. We as sisters had to say goodbye to our elders..that was so tough. We learned to really love them and grow with them. We know they are going to be amazing missionaries though!! Utah is going to be buuuusy! :) My sisters and I are now in a new district and we had to pick up another sister, so my companionship got split up and so it’s just been Sis. Muir and I we have been rockin it! We are now in our last week and officially in our Visitor Center training. We have been practicing how to greet people and teach people needs in 5-10 minutes. It’s tough!!! There is sooo much you want to say and yet you can’t say it all because you only have 5 min! Yesterday we learned how to properly approach people about referral cards.... man! I wish I would have known the true sacredness of these cards. They aren’t JUST cards! They have real meaning and do great things. It’s all in the way you ask people about them.

This week I have really been able to understand the extent of my call and how important it really is. My call is not just an ordinary call! I will be serving three missions in one!! Ready for this....???? Not only do I get to meet people at the visitor center, but I get to go tracking and have a regular area, AND I have an entire online area! Part of my mission is talking to people who want to chat on Mormon.org. I was very skeptical about it at first and I was like this is dumb! I don’t want to "chat" with people on online! I want to meet REAL people! gaaaaahhhh My life changed yesterday! Sis. Muir and I got the opportunity to do our very first REAL chat with someone. And let me tell you.... that person was REAL! The desires of her heart and the things she was searching for were so real and were so powerful! We talked to her for about an hour and while in our convo we asked her what she knew of Christ....  I have never heard such a powerful testimony about the Atonement.... EVER! The spirit I felt (chatting) talking to this girl was so amazing. I don’t cry and I was in tears just listening to her and praying with her. Prayer on chat is a little weird because it’s different but Heavenly Father is still listening! I know that Satan uses the internet to destroy people, but let me tell you! Heavenly Father is using internet to change people’s life for the better! Internet is such a wonderful thing. We as a church are shortening the "fall away" gap. We are giving people the opportunity to open up and not be afraid to talk (in-person) about their concerns. The most wonderful part about chatting is that it’s not JUST for non-members. We are strengthening members as well. The whole system is really cool. I get my own email account and phone number and anyone in the WORLD can call or email me for free. It kind of has a feeling of telemarketer...but instead the people are calling you! :) I LOVE my mission!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment