Monday, July 23, 2012

Part of email sent July 18th


Thank you for making the address book and putting together all those pictures! I was sitting at lunch showing everyone my family and almost in tears. I just loved it!!! Thank you for reading my mind and sending me Qtips! I am almost out of mine and I was a little bummed that I might have to go without....and now I don’t!! Seriously God has blessed me so much while I’ve been here. The other day I left my PMG in a different building and I wouldn’t be able to get it till 930 pm... I was kind of mad because I needed it for class... I just tried to be patient and I knew that no matter what I’d get it so no big deal...when all of the sudden this man came into the room...never even met him before...says hey you, did you happen to leave your PMG in 9M?... I said yes I did... he said I’ll be right back...comes back in and hands me my book. I said how did you know it was me and where I was... he said Idk... I talked to this guy that had it and for some reason I needed to ask you... I didn’t know what to say. Sis Muir said you must have really been praying to get that book back! haha ... these little things have taught me to appreciate the small things and know that ALL things come from God...silly story I know... Ask Buddy if he knows what the TRC is (plus...did his teachers ever act as investigators??)... People from all over come to be investigators, less active, and Referrals for the missionaries to practice with. Most of them we think are members that have severed missions and just want to help missionaries, but some of them aren’t. We got to teach a new girl this week and within the first 5min we all realized that this story was legit and she really was coming to talk to the missionaries for help. They can’t tell us their story and they can’t tell us if they have come before or not. We have to rely on what we know and talked about from the actual person. It was the most spiritual experience I have ever had! I learned real quickly what Christ like love was! My comps and I just may have helped changed this girls life who was going inactive. I’ve always struggled with the BOM and trying to teach with it, but this time I kept pulling out all of these thing I thought would help her and the spirit really helped me to know of things in which I should say. I love this gospel!! I am loving my district more and more and my elders have one more week here at MTC and then they are leaving us :( It’s so sad! These boys are so young and yet so strong. I was fasting on Sunday and one of them came up to me and asked me if I was okay and really had concern that I wasn’t eating. It was so cute. I’m going to miss them, but I know they are going to do some great work!! This Elder that came up to me, mom, looks juuuust like Uncle Rob when he was young. It’s so freaky! I feel like I’m talking to my uncle every time I talk to him. hahaha we have another Elder that looks and acts just like Buddy! It’s so fun because I we can act crazy together. I wish I could put this past week into words and feelings but I can’t... I just love it! I know that if I were to come home today (I won’t) I would not come home the same person! I hope that when I come home, you won’t be the same either. Be strong and do all that you can to strengthen your relationship with God and your Savior. Testify each day! Love those around you and you will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment