Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sister Frog Eyes


Welcome to Beaver... Where the rains came down and the snowy flood came up!           1/28/2013

Hola!

The cheese gets old after having it every day because people just love it around here and give it to you for gifts…we still have some in our fridge. BUT I love the jalapeño ones!
(There is a cheese factory in Beaver)

The flu is ridiculous around here so I hope Leah and her family gets better soon. We are on round 3 here in Beaver. NO ONE wants us coming over or coming into their house because of it.

Ooooo…. You’ll have to teach me about the “Family History” too! We are supposed to teach people around here about it…buuuut I don’t know annnything about it sooo I don’t teach it much. 
(Sister Larsen's dad and I are attending a Family History class on Sundays for a few weeks.)

Well…not much happened this week. We had kind of a stressful week more than anything. We had Conference and learned lots of things. It was fun to see all the missionaries we haven’t seen for a while. Beaver is slowly progressing. This week I got peed on…that was fun! The poor owner was embarrassed and gave me a towel…haha I felt bad for using his kitchen towel.  (I hope she is talking about someone’s pet???)

I am also known as “guerita” around here which means “white girl” haha Sister B says it’s a good thing and a compliment haha … ;) AND this week this lady called me “frog eyes” haha She said because I have big eyes. I wasn’t sure how to respond so I just laughed. This was all in Spanish too so that didn’t help much either.  

Sister B and I went over to a family’s house last P-Day and showed them how to make homemade tortillas and then ate tacos…that was a blast and yummy too. I told Sister B I am not eating lunch anymore because no joke everyone’s house we go to they feed us. The Spanish are the worst. Even if you just came from dinner and you’re FULL they say “that’s okay just eat more. It’s not going to kill you. “ uuugh! I am constantly full… even in the mornings when I wake up! Haha We say no to a lot of stuff people give us or we stash it in our bags… but there are many times they put it on a plate and out it in your lap. Like last night, we had just come from dinner and we went over to this Spanish couples house and he kept making us eat pineapple. It was good pineapple, but my poor stomach was killin!

We are now kind of teaching a Korean family… we are mostly helping them with their English through the Book of Mormon. They are 7-Day Adventists so they are not too keen on the Book of Mormon Idea…but for the most part we are being friendly and allowing the spirit to work on them and maybe when different missionaries come around they will be ready for them…or at least just be nice to them.

We also ran into this member at her house..( No it didn’t hurt ;)  We went in because she insisted we sit down. She started talking about all this crazy stuff and how the world is going downhill and she pretty much gave us the whole world news update, anyways, we found ourselves in her secret basement and looking at her food storage. She has been working on hers for 20+ years… she have EVERYTHING you can think of dried! She has a huge bucket of apples that we got to eat, and tomatoes, and potatoes, peppers, seasons, and fruit leathers that we got to take home with us that were YUMMMY! And tons and tons and tons of bottled meats! I was amazed at what she had. We are going over today and she is going to teach us how she does it all…I’m pretty excited! She is also going to show us her 72-hour kits ha, this lady is crazy…but smart. She has so much food in her house and she said she has some in her barn! Maybe if I learn this now… I’ll have a supply like hers someday!

Things in the mission are changing like crazy because of the new age. We now have about 3 Elders that are 18…and will be getting more in Feb. It’s so crazy to see these young kids. Lot of changes coming up too!

Well mom…we got lots of things to do today. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense.

I love you like alllllll the dried apples and peaches I ate this week (more to come today too) J …..staying healthy too ;) haha

xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment